This is a genuine Marine Corps surplus Therm-A-Rest sleeping pad, or referred to as The Improved Sleeping Mat (ISM) by the USMC. This pad is designed to be easily folded into a more compact form for carrying and stowage by Marines. The “accordion style” fold is durable, while providing improved comfort for quality of sleep without increasing weight. Good Condition. Made in USA.
The composition is a closed-cell crosslinked polyethylene foam that is pre-formed with full width folds. The flat 72″ x 23″ mat can be easily folded in an accordion fashion into a 5″ x 5 1/4″ x 23″ rectangle at 605 cubic inches which allows for quick packing and easy stowage. The mat is secured in its folded shape with two attached elasticized loops. The packed mat reduces packed volume by 20% and saves packing time by lying flat. The mat retains the insulation, padding, reliability, and durability. Weighs approximately 1.3lbs.
Marine Corps Improved Sleeping Mat Features
- Genuine Marine Corps surplus Improved Sleeping Mat (ISM)
- Compact folding and storage
- Unfolded dimensions: 72″ x 23″
- Collapsible into a compact rectangle measuring 5″ x 5 1/4″ x 23″ and 605 cubic inches
- “Accordion style” fold
- Durable and enhances sleep comfort without adding extra weight
- Lightweight, weighing approximately 1.3lbs.
- Surplus Condition: Used – good
- Integral part of the Marine Corps Three Season Sleep System
- Made from closed-cell crosslinked polyethylene foam
- Two attached elasticized loops to secure the folded mat
- Fast Shipping
- Made in the USA
Improved Sleeping Mat Quality Guide
These sleeping pads have been previously used and issued by the USMC. Please refer to the quality guide below to determine which quality is right for you.
- Good Condition – These sleeping pads will show some signs of use. You may see dirt, scuffs, or small gouges in the foam, but both elastic cords will be intact and the sleeping pad will be fully functional.