Our United States Marine Corps NCO Sword is the current issue (M1859) and is used by active duty Marines. This official USMC Non-Commissioned Officer sword has been certified by the United states Marine Corps. The Certification Number is etched on spine of the blade.
The sword was introduced by the sixth Commandant of the Marine Corps, Colonel John Harris in recognition of the leadership of the NCOs and SNCOs in combat.
The Marine Corps NCO sword is the oldest weapon in continuous use in the United States military (the USMC Officer’s sword, the “Mameluke,” was introduced prior to the NCO sword, but was out of use during the early years of the Civil War).
The United States Marine Corps NCO sword was adopted in 1859 and is still carried by Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs) and Staff Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs). Currently, this coveted sword is an emblem of pride and used solely for ceremonial purposes. Official USMC Sword. Made to Marine Corps Specifications.
- Official United States Marine Corps NCO Sword
- Certified by the Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC)
- Certification number etched on spine of blade near hilt
- Acid-etched with the United States United States Marine Corps (USMC) pattern, so deep one can feel it with a fingertip
- Stainless steel blade
- Unsharpened ceremonial edge, but the blade has a sharp tip
- 24 carat gold plated brass mounting
- Includes hole for the sword knot
- Protective cloth bag
- Carbon steel tube
- Covered with black leather
- 24-carat gold-plated brass mountings
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery